How to use spamassassin on a per user basis with a third party e-mail server setup?

Tue Jul 8 16:55:39 IST 2003

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 5:17 am, Orbitel Webmaster wrote:

> What have you found as the easiest way to enable/disable spamassassin
> for individual e-mail addresses?  Our mailscanner server is being
> utilized in a third party e-mail server enviroment (relay) therefore
> there cannot be individual user accounts and spamassassin preference
> files.
>
> I would like the ability to either disable tagging, enable tagging,
> or enable auto spam deletion on a per e-mail address basis.  I would
> like all settings to default to off.  Additionally, all users will
> receive e-mail virus scanning.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction -- documentation or
> otherwise?  The closest I have found is spamassassin's userpref's
> file on their website.

Ignore SpamAssassin's internal settings - you'll find MailScanner overrides
most of them anyway (eg it does its own subject line mangling, header
insertions, and body alterations...)

What you need are rulesets for things like:
(High Scoring) Spam Modify Subject
(High Scoring) Spam Subject Text
Use SpamAssassin
Required SpamAssassin Score
High SpamAssassin Score
etc...

Antony

--

I can resist everything but temptation,
I can tolerate everything but intolerance,