Mailscanner server becoming unresponsive, high disk activitity

Mon Jul 7 21:44:04 IST 2003

Hi!

> If I start mailscanner on my server it freezes the whole box within 2
> hours.  When it freezes disk activity goes non-stop until I hit the
> reset key.
>
> This is without load, or a very small load, going through
> mailscanner.  If I turn off the mailscanner service the problem
> disappears.

What ammount of RAM you have in the box ? Please give us some more
details. If your system using any swap at that moment ? What OS are you
running anyway ?

Type:

free

To show your RAM usage, and paste also the output of 'top'

Bye,
Raymond.