MailScanner replacements

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Fri Jul 4 15:34:19 IST 2003

Sieve is not new to my knowledge.  I have a server running SuSE Openexchange
4 in my office.  This box uses postfix and Cyrus-IMAP (among other
packages).  Sieve is part of Cyrus and is a filtering tool.  On the SuSE
box, it is used to organize mail upon arrival into specific folders based on
rules configured by the users.  Much like procmail.  SuSE also puts
SpamAssassin on these systems, but I disable it and still use MS/SA on
another MX and forward using mailertable.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Peter Peters
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 3:00 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: MailScanner replacements

Sometimes other (not as good as) MailScanner replacements pop up. A few days
ago (yes, I'm behind on my e-mail) my boss forwarded me an e-mail from/about
Vircom/Sieve. Anybody any experience with this?

It looks as if it does the same as MailScanner only they claim the have
something called Sieve that is something "new". And it is update trough
information gathered at 15 ISP's.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE) Universiteit