Using sa-learn to add ham mail to the spamassassin database

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Fri Jul 4 10:16:10 IST 2003

I am using MailScanner 4.21-9 on Redhat 8 with spamassassin 2.55, dcc and razor2. MailScanner is used as our external relay with all internal mail handled by exchange/outlook.

For low scoring spam I am using the "attachment deliver" spam actions.

My question is regarding false positives of low scoring spam and the best way to teach spamassassin with sa-learn.

I had asked users to drag and drop incorrectly identified spam mail into a public folder but after the spam is delivered the spam mail is changed to have the subject line {spam?} with the original header information and the original mail is the attachment but the header info has been removed. So using this mail with sa-learn will not give the correct results.

Can anyone advise the best way to get the original mail with all the header info back onto the MailScanner server.

Thanks in advance.

Dean Plant.

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.