MailScanner replacements

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 4 14:43:31 IST 2003

Let's all play "spot the snake oil".

"Its unique multi-layered approach stops all spammer attacks".
Yeah, right.

"24/7 Sieve script auto-updates"
Ooh, great, all your spam are belong to us.
I wonder how long it will be before the spammers start polluting their
database of scripts. You have to submit 50 lines of script, which they
claim they will check, before you get to be a "member of the coalition".
Must be a bit like finding weapons of mass destruction :-)

People like Razor use far more sophisticated anti-pollution mechanisms
based on dynamic evaluations of the history of your spam submissions
compared against other people's submissions.

Call a cynical old git if you like...

--
Julian Field