Message Size

Alan Fiebig mailscanner at ELKNET.NET
Thu Jul 3 20:53:08 IST 2003

First, I don't want to sound ungrateful, I really do appreciate the new feature to filter on total message size.

However, when a message is over the set size, MailScanner tags the subject line with the {Virus} tag, and the report message to the receipient is the virus removal message. Likewise, the report back to the sender appears to be the 'Sender Error Report'.

These messages are a bit misleading. If the 'Maximum Message Size' filter doesn't warrant having its own tag, report to receipient, and report to sender, could you perhaps have that trigger use the 'Bad filename' report, 'Sender Bad Filename' report, and 'Filename Subject Text' tag instead? Those make a bit more sense.

Thanks!
-Alan