Why won't my mail forward?

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Thu Jul 3 20:11:54 IST 2003

Additionally, you need to add your domain to /etc/mail/relay-domains

Make sure you run 'make' in the /etc/mail directory after modifying the
mailertable.

Also, see if you can telnet to port 25 of your redhat box from another
workstation.  By default, sendmail is set to listen on 127.0.0.1 only.  Take
a look at /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Matthew Bowman
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 1:53 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Why won't my mail forward?

Jody,

Have you setup your /etc/mail//mailertable ?

For example

anyolddomain.tld                esmtp:[mail.anynewdomain.tld]

---
Matthew K Bowman Systems Administrator, UDCom

Jody Cleveland <Cleveland at MAIL.WINNEFOX.ORG>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK> 07/03/2003
02:51 PM Please respond to MailScanner mailing list