Long delay in sending mail

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Wed Jul 2 12:23:51 IST 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 12:45:23PM -0500, rgrignon at INPHACT.COM wrote:
> I've noticed that the delays consistently happen between the top of the hour
> and last for 15minutes other than that the mail is delivered in realtime...

Hmmm... if you change the update cron job to run at quarter past the hour,
does the delay move with it?

15 minutes sounds like about the right amount of time for a TCP connection
to time out. If that's happening during the update, mailscanner will not
be processing for 15 minutes while the update is waiting to time out.

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
What happened last night can happen again.