Long delay in sending mail

rgrignon at INPHACT.COM rgrignon at INPHACT.COM
Tue Jul 1 18:45:23 IST 2003

I've noticed that the delays consistently happen between the top of the hour
and last for 15minutes other than that the mail is delivered in realtime...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Grignon, Robert
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 10:38 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Long delay in sending mail

We are running postfix 2.0.12 and MailScanner 4.21-9

I am noticing for the most part that mail is queued and delivered right
away, however, about 5-6 times a day the queue builds up and does not send.
It looks like it will eventually send within 15min, however, I am curious to
know what is causing MailScanner (or postfix) to eventually send the mail.

Is there some sort of cron job or a setting that I could adjust to force the
mail to be delivered in the event that the system hangs like it is currently
doing?

Thanks,

Rob