ANNOUNCE: Version 4.22-4 released

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Wed Jul 2 18:02:26 IST 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> At 16:19 02/07/2003, you wrote:
>> Somewhere between 4.14 and the new version the report of viruses found
>> by Sophos changed from stuff like
>>
>> Report: >>> Virus 'W32/Yaha-E' found in file
>> ./h62FAd4X004564/goldfish.gif.pif
>>
>> to stuff like
>>
>> Adroddiad/Report: q216309.exe was infected by W32/Gibe-A
>>
>> Can someone remind me why this was please? (Means I've got to hack my
>> script that works out my stats! :-( )
>
> Are you using sophossavi instead of sophos now? In which case, it's
> effectively a different scanner.
> I wrote the output format of sophossavi to be as simple as possible and
> easy to understand.

DOH! Thanks to Steve F and Julian (Steve first with a reply by a short
head!)

I am using sophossavi on the box I test things out on but still using
ordinary Sophos on the production mail hubs, from which I get most of
the reports.

Is the concensus still that SophosSAVI is sound (on Solaris) and worth
switching to?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"