Silently drop FORM tags

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 11:41:28 IST 2003

At 10:23 02/07/2003, you wrote:
>Didn't think Hybris gave anything to send a warning to? Julian, what
>does MailScanner use - the entry in Sender: in the reports? If that's
>blank, does it do anything?

It uses the envelope sender address which is not always shown in the
message headers. If the envelope sender is blank, then I seem to remember
it throws away the sender warning.

>Silent Viruses = Klez Yaha Bugbear Braid WinEvar Fizzer Palyh Sobig

Raymond and I are working out a system whereby you can automatically keep
this list up to date as new viruses of this type appear, but you will still
be able to customise the list as well. Watch this space...
--
Julian Field