ANNOUNCE: mailstats V0.20

David While David.While at UCE.AC.UK
Tue Jul 1 14:32:05 IST 2003

For those using my script I have just released (finally!) version 0.20

The changes are:

counting messages instead of recipients
support for fsecure virus scanner
support for determining the country from the IP address
reporting when the anti virus database has been updated.

Minor changes such as correcting the name of mcafee have aslo been included.

NOTE: To use this version requires the installation of the GEOIP perl module and database. The details of where to get it from are available at the mailstats web site.

This version can be downloaded from http://staff.cie.uce.ac.uk/~id001869/mailstats/

Note that the config file is called config.pl.new to avoid overwriting your existing file. You should check through to see if anything has changed.

David While
Technical Development Manager
Faculty of Computing, Information & English
University of Central England
Tel: 0121 331 6211