Future release suggestion - Spam header

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Thu Jan 30 17:10:42 GMT 2003

Whoops, sent this to Peter, instead of the list.

Peter Peters wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:59:33 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >I have a script that runs overnight to notify people of what was
> >quarantined and send email in the following format:
> >
> >From: gslmAkiko bjwdnancey7 at yahoo.com
> >   Date: Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:17:33 -0800
> >   Subject: Your visa bill dtuxu
> >   REQUEST THIS EMAIL
> >
> >The "REQUEST THIS EMAIL" is a clickable link to a cgi page that will
> >send the email along.
>
> Could you share this script and/or your setup?

The pertinent scripts are attached as a zip file.  There are three ksh
scripts and one perl/cgi script that all tie in together.  I went
through and commented them heavily, so hopefully you will understand
what I have tried to do.  I am using Sendmail, by the way.

1.  spamAssassinNotify.ksh - This is the script that runs at 11:55 p.m.
and will strip certain information from the headers and include them in
the email.
2.  spamAssassinRequest.cgi - used for the "REQUEST THIS EMAIL" link.
3.  spamAssassinRequest.ksh - This script is tied to an email alias:
        sarequest:"|/usr/local/bin/spamAssassinRequest.ksh"
4.  spamAssassinRequestCron.ksh - This is a cronjob that runs every 15
minutes checking to see if anyone has requested any quarantined spam
email

> It would even be nicer if this link could be included in the message the
> user gets.

If I understand you correctly, spamAssassinNotify.ksh does this in two
ways.  1. A direct link to the perl/cgi script for people connected to
our intranet, which will automatically send an email to the sarequest
email alias.  2. A mailto: email link that will send an email to the
sarequest email alias (which the spamAssassinRequest.cgi script does
automatically).  This is used by the people who aren't connected to our
intranet.

I haven't modified any of the text, so my company's name is scattered
throughout.  Obviously, feel free to do whatever you want to these
scripts to make them fit your environment.  If you have any questions,
don't hesitate to ask.  Hope these come in handy!

> Peter Peters                        senior netwerkbeheerder
> Centrum voor InformatieTechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie
> Universiteit Twente, Postbus 217,  7500 AE  Enschede
> telefoon: +31 53 489 2301, fax:+31 53 489 2383, http://www.utwente.nl/civ

Dustin
--
Dustin Baer