mqueue file permissions

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 29 20:46:09 GMT 2003

At 20:41 29/01/2003, you wrote:
>Weird... I just started having the exact same problem today at 12:50pm
>EST.  Only change made was updating SA to the latest CVS of 2.50.  Last
>update was about 4 weeks ago.

Fancy checking there are no "umask" calls in the SA code that weren't there
before?
The actual spam checking is done in a forked process, so umask calls in
there won't have any effect. But if they have umask calls in places they
shouldn't, it might be possible that they execute one in the main MS thread.
If that is the case, I'm going to have to move the umask call again.

Is my suggested earlier change working okay? (Adding "umask 0077;" near the
top of WorkForHours() in the main /usr/sbin/MailScanner script).

--
Julian Field