Weird error in log after installing MailScanner

Mack Ragan ragan_davis at COLSTATE.EDU
Wed Jan 29 19:09:22 GMT 2003

Hi!

I'm running the latest of both glibc and kernel for RH8 (that is, the
latest stable that's available from RH).  It would seem to me that if I had
a hardware problem, and/or if I had a fundamental lib/cpu problem, then
this problem would have manifested itself before MailScanner was
introduced.  It only happens when I run MailScanner.  I can kill
mailscanner and run only sendmail and the machine runs like a mclaren f1.
As soon as I introduce mailscanner, the machine runs like a snail and then
dies.  Also, to further troubleshoot the problem, I installed
RH8/sendmail/mailscanner/f-prot on a different box w/different hardware
profile.  Same result.  Same messages in the log, and same "slow-down-to-a-
stop" behavior.  I love your product.  It's been a godsend for us.  I'd
like to continue using it, but I can't if using it means that email stops
being delivered.  I'm gonna try to reinstall everything...maybe something
got confused somewhere.  I'll letcha know the result.  If you have anyother
suggestions please I'd like to hear them.

Thanks!
mack