New installation on SuSe

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed Jan 29 08:50:26 GMT 2003

I just installed MS on a new system (running SuSe) and I noticed some
"strange" things.

I run MS as user mail but the cron.hourly that updates the anti-virus
packages runs as user root. So the lock-files in /tmp have permissions
644. I get the message "Cannot create /tmp/FProtBusy.lock, Permission
denied" and it stops processing the queue. I had to manually change the
permissions to 664 to have it working. Could "update.virus.scanners" be
made to set these permissions.

When I first started MS it found AntiVir installed and it started
updating that. So I configured MS to also use AntiVir. Offcourse I got
the message about codestatus. It appears that AntiVir is installed
automatically with SuSe. Has anybody used it with MS? I would eventually
like to test it myself but I don't want to run into problems with other
packages if I change "Minimum Code Status" to unsupported.

I would like to test the new system by copying files from the quarantine
directory on the production server to the queue directory on the test
server. Is this a good way to test the new system?

--
Peter Peters                       senior netwerkbeheerder
Centrum voor InformatieTechnology, Bibliotheek en Educatie