Sophos issues

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Jan 27 16:59:56 GMT 2003

Le lun 27/01/2003 à 11:34, Julian Field a écrit :

> How come this is only happening with Sophos? No-one else is reporting any
> problems, only the people using Sophos.

Julian, could this be a multi-scanner access issue?  When I reported
this problem I was using McAfee, then Sophos to scan email:
Virus Scanners = mcafee sophos

Could the two virus scanners be doing tricks on one another?  Are they
being run in parallel or back to back?

One user told me that an email with a PDF file attached reached him but
didn't make it to the mailbox of the other recipient of the same email
who got the corrupt file message.  If this really happened, it is quite
strange...

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste