Quick question about disinfection and Sophos updating...

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Thu Jan 23 15:24:06 GMT 2003

Hello all...

I'm still getting my head around MailScanner, and looking
through the different options...

I have:

Deliver Disinfected Files = no
Quarantine Infections = yes
Quarantine Whole Message = yes
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = no

Does this stop the delivery of infected emails and quarantine them,
but as a single message that can be examined in the quarantine directory?

I don't basically want to 'strip'/disinfected messages that appeared to have
a virus, I'd rather they were just plain stopped, and the sender and admin informed.

Also if I have:

Allow IFrame Tags = no
Allow Object Codebase Tags = no
Convert Dangerous HTML To Text = yes

Then messages with IFRAME and Object Codebase
will be delivered, but 'sanitized'?

Apologies for the confusion, but I thought I saw a message
stopped the other day for containing 'Object Codebase' tags, despite the above.

Secondly, about Sophos updating ... every now and again is it just a case
of getting the os-type.tar.gz file to the server (e.g. from CD or downloaded
from Sophos), and running Sophos.install again?