Compaq Servers WAS: Server dying problems

Hendrik den Hartog hden at KCBBS.GEN.NZ
Mon Jan 20 22:55:49 GMT 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 03:56:34PM +0100, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > We're going to set the server up on a beefed up desktop and see how it
> > runs. I'm guessing it will be solid as a rock.
> >
> > Can I ask what Compaq Server models you used? I do have it running on a
> > DL360 and it seems pretty solid. I've seen posts on Redhat's mailing
> > list where people are running on Compaq without any problems.

 (Current) Compaq Servers are listed as fully compatable on RH's
 Hardware lists, the ML350 I'm currently setting up includes
 Linux in the list of OS's in Server Manager (NOT that I'm going
 to use Compaq's Server Manger).
 I've had RH8 running on a ML310 P4 for 5 weeks no problems, and am
 about to build this up to replace a current Linux Box (Running MS
 and SA)

 Glad to hear Linux Runs on the Proliant 800, I'm feeing one of these
 up soon and need to redesignate it.

Cheers!