Server dying problems

Ewald Beekman E.H.Beekman at AMC.UVA.NL
Mon Jan 20 15:17:24 GMT 2003

We are running MailScanner on a couple of Compaq DL580G2's with RedHat 8.0,
we had problems of the box stopping completely, this happened
to be the gigabit Ethernet driver on a busy network. Redhat installs
the tg3 by default (lsmod) for the BCM5701 (lspci) but you
need to set it to the bcm5700 driver (in /etc/modules.conf).

Furtermore after installing the compaq management agents the
machine was rebooting after a couple of days, we now switched off
ASR in the BIOS and since then it didn't happen anymore.

Ewald...

--
Ewald Beekman, Security Engineer, Academic Medical Center,
dept. ADB/ICT Computer & Network Services, The Netherlands