SpamAssassin rebuilding SRPM on RedHat 8.0?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Mon Jan 20 08:36:26 GMT 2003

Is there anyone having any luck rebuilding the SpamAssassin SRPMS on a
RedHat 8.0 box?

When I do
[root at raveon SpamAssassin]# rpmbuild --rebuild spamassassin-2.43-3.src.rpm
I get :
Installing spamassassin-2.43-3.src.rpm
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.49198
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ -q
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.49198: line 23: -q: command not found
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.49198 (%prep)

When I remove the -q from the prep script and rebuild I get this error:
Processing files: perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.43-2
error: File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/spamassassin-root/usr/share/man/man3/*

It's really strange, I think there must be more people out there using
RedHat 8, and some of them must have installed SA? Or maybe they just
used the tarball instead.

Ideas anyone?

believed to be clean.