quarantine rotation

Clint Miller cmiller at TIGERBYTE.COM
Sat Jan 18 01:40:15 GMT 2003

We are running mailscanner 4.11 with razor and SA and mcafee.  We are
catching about 40,000 spams / day and processing about 70k hams /
day.  We've only been running this configuration for a few weeks now
so we're still tweaking.

Our current issue is this:

because we're accumulating 80k files in the quarantine each day it
makes it difficult/impossible to do certain simple tasks like "ls"
and "grep".

Is there a way to tell mailscanner to rotate the quarantines more
quickly than once per day?  Should we just write something to rotate
the quarantines ourselves?

Thanks!
--
Clint Miller