Blacklisting / whitelisting feature request

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Thu Jan 16 23:35:16 GMT 2003

I'd like to make a suggestion for a feature in the black/whitelisting for
spam.

>From what I understand the current scheme only works on basis of the mail
relay that the mail is coming from. mrspammer.com is sending his spam
through somestupidprovider.com and therefore somestupidprovider.com should
be blocked.

Is it possible to also have the entries in the bw lists checked against
the proclaimed sender's email address?

We also get tons of spam from mailinglists that we never sunscribed to, as
in below maillog:
Jan 16 21:30:57 linuxgw sendmail[28157]: h0GKUtuq028157:
from=<info at vpgcorp.com>, size=80662, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<000401c2bd9a$8a8db070$6401a8c0 at your5rlp3a9516>,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=albatross.mail.pas.earthlink.net
[207.217.120.120]

It's possible to start tracking all the mailservers they use to send out
their crap but the senders domain is a valid and legitimate domain and
e-mail address and it's always the same. If I could simply drop all e-mail
from this domain without the need to bother and look for the relay? I
don't think there'd be any negative sideeffects on this.

Using an e-mail address in the To: field works like a charm.

believed to be clean.