Installation on SuSe 7.1

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 15 10:11:23 GMT 2003

At 09:12 15/01/2003, you wrote:
>If removing the -A command-line Option in /etc/init.d/MailScanner is it
>working right then? what does the A mean anyway? How does senmail know how
>which mailqueue to process?

Does SuSE 7.x have a sendmail version recent enough to support the
clientmqueue?
If not, then it's nice and simple and the MailScanner tar installation
guide will help you set up the init.d script correctly.

Sounds like I need to setup a SuSE 7 box to get this sorted properly.

>As far as I understood sendmail is still getting the mail on port 25 but
>isnt processing it to the lokal mailboxes or the internet, but putting it
>in an extra mqueue. There mailscanner looks for incoming mails and is
>processing these to the mailboxes or the internet after checking for spam
>etc, right?

Once MailScanner has processed the messages, it doesn't deliver them
directly itself but just puts them in an outgoing queue (/var/spool/mqueue)
and tells sendmail they are awaiting delivery.

>But where is this behavior configured?

Take a look at
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/sendmail.shtml
as you might find it helps you understand what is needed.

--
Julian Field