Installation on SuSe 7.1

Johannes johannes at DSP.DE
Wed Jan 15 09:00:20 GMT 2003

Hi micha,

zhanks for your advice! But i´ve got some more Question...

>remove any '-A' from '/etc/sysconfig/MailScanner' and from
>'/etc/init.d/Mailscanner'.
>
>then:
>
>,-----[ /etc/init.d/Mailscanner ]
>| if test "$SMTPD_LISTEN_REMOTE" != "yes" ; then
>| SENDMAIL_IN_ARGS="-O DaemonPortOptions=Addr=127.0.0.1
>| $SENDMAIL_IN_ARGS"
>`-----|
>
>change 'DaemonPortOptions=Addr=127.0.0.1' to whatever you needed. eg
>to 'DaemonPortOptions=Addr=0.0.0.0'.

I´am not shure about that Option, what does it mean? Do i have to add the
IP-Adress of the MailServer itself? Or is it a Dummy Adress? If it is,
wouldn´t be 127.0.0.1 be fine?

>change msppid in '/etc/init.d/Mailscanner' to
>'msppid=/var/run/sm-client.pid' or whatever, because there is no
>'clientmqueue' in SuSE 7.1.

Is that the way to figure out the Process ID of the Sendmail Deamon? I´ve
got two senmail Files in /var/run, the one is sendmail.pid itself, the
other is sendmail/control.pid. I ain´t got any sendmail client ID... So it
´s probably the 'msppid=/var/run/sendmail.pid' I have to add, right?

>i hope i didn't forget something. that's _my_ way to get it work
>under 7.1.
>
>> I have the SuSE 8.0 RPM installed, any Problems with that on SuSE 7.1? Is
>> There a RPM for SuSE 7.1? I also tried the source RPM, without success...
>
>there is no RPM for SuSE <8.0. there are a few differences between
>SuSE <8.0 and <=8.0. but with a little bit of work it is possible to
>get it work.

I thought that it is something with the Configuration in SuSE >8 which ist
diffrent to SuSE<8... What a pitty...

>sorry for my bad english.

Oh, thats OK, mine isn´t any better... ;-))

>micha

johannes