starting mailscan on boot!

robert harpham robert at FENLANARENA.CO.UK
Mon Jan 13 22:53:00 GMT 2003

hi thx for help
this is what is in my sendmail init.d scrpt
#daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q1h
daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
    sendmail -q1h
 echo
 touch /var/lock/subsys/sendmail
 ;;

i am using turbolinux 6.5 server and version of mail scanner is MailScanner-4.11-1.tar which is installed under /opt/MailScanner-4.11-1

thx
robert
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Julian Field
  To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 10:19 PM
  Subject: Re: starting mailscan on boot!

  At 22:05 13/01/2003, you wrote:

    i am wundering how you guys start mailscan up on boot? what script do u use?
    just wundering what the best way is and if i could have a copy so save me writting one out my self! also was wudnering what the best way is!

  You need an init.d script, which you can base on the one used on your system to start sendmail. You need to start a sendmail -bd with all the relevant options as dictated by the MailScanner installation guide on the web site. You should also start a sendmail -q15m to run the outgoing queue. Then you should run check_mailscanner to actually start up MailScanner itself.

  What operating system and version are you using? What version of MailScanner are you using? How and where did you install MailScanner?

  --
  Julian Field