starting mailscan on boot!

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 22:19:59 GMT 2003

At 22:05 13/01/2003, you wrote:
>i am wundering how you guys start mailscan up on boot? what script do u use?
>just wundering what the best way is and if i could have a copy so save me
>writting one out my self! also was wudnering what the best way is!

You need an init.d script, which you can base on the one used on your
system to start sendmail. You need to start a sendmail -bd with all the
relevant options as dictated by the MailScanner installation guide on the
web site. You should also start a sendmail -q15m to run the outgoing queue.
Then you should run check_mailscanner to actually start up MailScanner itself.

What operating system and version are you using? What version of
MailScanner are you using? How and where did you install MailScanner?
--
Julian Field