Question about "Full headers are" in virus report to postmaster

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 10:24:40 GMT 2003

At 05:39 13/01/2003, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Running Redhat and MailScanner 4.11-1 and Sendmail 8.11.6.  In testing,
>I'm seeing something odd in the "Full headers are" section in the
>postmaster virus report...
>
>Full headers are

Sendmail puts really bizarre content in that header. I have tried removing
the ^A character before, but it doesn't actually help. And there's no docs
on this, it should just contain the envelope sender address but doesn't
appear to.

--
Julian Field

.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses