Cry for help.

S Mohan smohan at VSNL.COM
Mon Jan 13 11:10:33 GMT 2003

Give this address in the /etc/access file for discard as under.

< content of /etc/access>
# Check the /usr/doc/sendmail-8.11.0/README.cf file for a description
# of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
# The /usr/doc/sendmail-8.11.0/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
# package.
#
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                               RELAY
127.0.0.1                               RELAY
offers@                         REJECT
big at boss.com                    DISCARD
< end of content /etc/access>

Mohan

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of John B. Hanks
Sent: 11 January 2003 06:20
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Cry for help.

We are getting pounded by a (new?) virus that always sends from
big at boss.com. Can someone tell me a quick and dirty way to start dropping
all mail from this address? McAfee is not detecting it and I have added a
block for .pif attachments, but would prefer to drop the mails altogether.

Thanks

jbh

.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses
*******

.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses