Silent viruses rule file

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 10 13:54:55 GMT 2003

At 12:25 10/01/2003, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm in the process of upgrading a MailScanner 3.25 system to 4.11
>
>3.25 has a "viruses.to.delete.conf" file which is pretty straight forward,
>one unique identifier per line.
>I have problems converting this to a 4.11 rule file as I dont want to list
>them all in MailScanner.conf
>
>Has someone done this and is willing to share the rule file? (or rather the
>correct syntax for the file)

It would just contain
FromOrTo:       default         Yaha BugBear Klez

or else
FromOrTo:       *@*             Yaha
FromOrTo:       *@*             BugBear
FromOrTo:       *@*             Klez
etc...

or else even
FromOrTo:       *@*             Yaha BugBear
FromOrTo:       *@*             Klez

But the first form will be slightly quicker as it can look them all up at
once. There is no limit to the length of each line, so you can list dozens
of viruses on each line if you want to.
--
Julian Field