SpamCop vs Osirusoft

Paul Welsh paul at ESPMAIL.CO.UK
Fri Jan 10 11:16:46 GMT 2003

I've been monitoring the hit rate of SpamCop and Osirusoft for the last
month.  There were very few false hits.  The trigger value I've used is 9
(Julian's recommendation) but I've given spamcop and osirusoft values of 7.
Here are the results for anyone who wants an idea of whether it's worth
paying for SpamCop.  Naturally, there is overlap; some messages will appear
in both spamcop and osirusoft:

TOTAL 2843
RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 2247
RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM 1595

I appreciate that Osirusoft's RBL seems to having problems responding to
demand at the moment.

That to me is another reason to go the SpamCop route.