clamav

Dale Lovelace dlovelace at HOTELS.COM
Thu Jan 9 00:53:52 GMT 2003

  I am running it at hotels.com scanning about 40,000 mails per day (is everyone's mail volume down since Christmas?). I haven't seen any problems with it, but it definitely doesn't catch everything. Our Exchange administrators run Anti-Gen on the Exchange servers which still catch as many virii as I do with Clamav, after going through the MailScanner server. I am simply using it to offload some of the work the Exchange servers do...

-----Original Message-----
From:   Matthew Bowman [mailto:mbowman at UDCOM.COM]
Sent:   Wed 1/8/2003 3:35 PM
To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject:        clamav
Hi

Is anyone using clamav with their MailScanner installation - if so, how
good is it? Is there any reason why I should not get it.

I'm running:-

Redhat 7.3
sendmail 8.11.6-3
MailScanner 4.10-1
SpamAssassin 2.43

Matthew K Bowman
Systems Administrator; Hostmaster; Miva Administrator
Universal Digital Communications, Mansfield Ohio.