Whitelisting problem

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 8 23:05:23 GMT 2003

At 09:11 08/01/2003, you wrote:
>How does whitelisting on IP work?

It spots the fact the pattern you are matching only contains digits and no
letters. If so, it matches against the IP address where the SMTP connection
is coming from.

>  Do we need to use the same file and
>format as we do with domain names??

Yes. You can use patterns such as
1. Full IP addresses
         194.109.9.99
2. IP address prefixes
         194.109.
would match 194.109.*.*
3. Regular expressions using IP addresses
         /194.109.(9|10|11|12)./
would match 194.109.9.* - 194.109.12.*

If you don't know much about regular expressions then type "man perlre" for
a very detailed explanation.

--
Julian Field