clamav

Gavin Nelmes-Crocker gavin at NETERGY.COM
Wed Jan 8 22:32:18 GMT 2003

> Is anyone using clamav with their MailScanner installation - if so, how
> good is it? Is there any reason why I should not get it.
>
> I'm running:-
>
> Redhat 7.3
> sendmail 8.11.6-3
> MailScanner 4.10-1
> SpamAssassin 2.43

No reason not to use it except for the caveat that it still has an
unsupported status with MailScanner code but saying that its running very
well on our live system along with Sophos and F-prot so far it hasn't missed
anything that the others have found - it was a bit flaky a while ago when we
were running a test suite but we joined the clamav mailing list and soon saw
others having similar problems and the virus database got cleaned up.

I have an rpm for it for a Cobalt box should work on plain Red Hat as well
but no promises.

Regards

Gavin

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by the Netergy Virus Spam Defence, and is believed to be clean.
For details on having your email scanned email nvsd at netergy.com