Spam blacklist?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Wed Jan 8 21:24:17 GMT 2003

Indeed, that is one possible solution.

But not all of my boxes run spamassassin, particularly RedHat 6.2 is very
difficult to get SA properly installed. Lots of things to upgrade and 90%
of the spam problem is from or to a limited set of e-mail adresses on my boxes.

But one would think that a blacklisted mail adress would be processed
according to high scoring rules, otherwise there isn't much use in
blacklisting them :)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Lewis Bergman wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 January 2003 04:24 am, Remco Barendse wrote:
> > I have a rule list that will mark certain messages as spam even though
> > there is no other reason to mark them as spam. This is working perfectly.
> >
> > I have noticed however that MailScanner will treat messages that are
> > marked by a blacklist rule as low scoring spam?
> >
> > Would it be possible to change this to high scoring spam? After all you
> > want to blacklist them. I allow low scoring spam messages to go through
> > but high scoring stuff is forwarded to an alternate address. I would like
> > to do the same for the blacklisted stuff.
> Why not use SA to do the RBL checks and then assign them a score which will
> force them into the high score category using the spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> file?
> --
> Lewis Bergman
> Texas Communications