Upgrade from 4.10-1 to 4.11-1...

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Wed Jan 8 16:11:35 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 09:52, Lewis Bergman wrote:
> What is wrong with the location and naming of Julian's stuff?
> Why not use it as it is designed rather than asking him to change it to fit
> your file layout? I can understand a feature request but file location is a
> pretty arbitrary thing.

While Julian has done a great job of setting up the directory tree,
every site will have it's own quirks.

We use /usr/local as a mounted filesystem via NFS so we don't have to
install stuff everywhere.  I could put MS there, but it has problems
with NFS and I wouldn't use NFS for ANYTHING critical.

Also, we put MS on our SAN for the speed and for failover between two
machine.  For this we need them to have different paths then each other
if we wanted to process any stuck mail from one system on the other.

For every reason you can think of to keep something standard, someone
else can think up one for allowing the choice.

I for one never had any problem changing the scripts.  That's what's
great about OSS, you can!  I always thought it was such a minor issue.
I'm sure he has plenty of other things to work on.  I'm sure someone out
there could easily change it and submit a patch.

--
Thomas J. DuVally
Lead Systems Prog.