spamassassin timeout

David While David.While at UCE.AC.UK
Wed Jan 8 10:06:42 GMT 2003

I seem to recall a discussion on this in the past where MS was not giving
SA enough time - having searched the archives I think the relevant post
is:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0210&L=mailscanner&P=R73136&I=-3&m=3466

The main issue is that MS gives SA 30 seconds before timing out.
Unfortunately SA gives DNSBL lookups 30 seconds before it gives up so MS
kills SA before its timed out and returned.

My solution which seems to work was to increase the MS timeout of SA to
40. The post above gives a fuller solution which reduces the timeout that
SA uses on the RBLs.

David While
Technical Development Manager
Faculty of Computing, Information & English
University of Central England
Tel: 0121 331 6211