MailScanner causing server to crash

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 21:54:27 GMT 2003

At 21:29 07/01/2003, you wrote:
>Once I saw the capacitors I remembered reading somewhere that lots of
>motherboard manufacturers had bought batches of bad capacitors and a lot of
>motherboards starting to get returned.

We have recently had many motherboards 2 or 3 years old (P3/800 era) die
from exactly this problem. One of the main component manufacturers produced
several months worth bad capacitors.

The other one that came to a conclusion is the Fujitsu hard disk problem.
Caused by a bad batch of ceramic used by Cirrus Logic to package one of
their IC's on the controller boards of Fujitsu disks.
--
Julian Field