SpamAssassin timeout - can't disable RBL check

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Tue Jan 7 15:38:18 GMT 2003

For some reason even if I disabled RBL checks  I'm still timeout out from
SpamAssassin.  Yes, I stop/start  MailScanner.

Jan  7 10:28:28 tonka MailScanner[15526]: RBL Check no timed out and was
killed, consecutive failure 1 of 7

Any hints why RBL is still active?

I'm running :
Redhat 7.3
MailScanner: 4.10
SpamAssassin 2.43

1)I've changes RBL check in spam.assassin.prefs.conf file:

# By default, SpamAssassin will run RBL checks.  If your ISP already
# does this, set this to 1.
#
# skip_rbl_checks 1   - mnh this is by default commented out
skip_rbl_checks 1

2)  I've disabled RBLs from MailScanner.conf file
# This is the list of spam blacklists (RBLs) which you are using.
# See the "Spam List Definitions" file for more information about what
# you can put here.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
# mnh Spam List = ORDB-RBL Infinite-Monkeys # MAPS-RBL+ costs money (except
.ac.uk)
# mnh Spam List = ORDB-RBL #MAPS-RBL+ costs money (except .ac.uk)
Spam List = no

Thanks,

Magda Hewryk
--------------------------------
Mid-Range Systems
RSP:   905-273-1637
CELL:   416-948-4427

                    InvictaNet
                    Customer Support          To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                    <support at INVICTANE        cc:
                    T.CO.UK>                  Subject:     Re: SpamAssassin timeout
                    Sent by:
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list
                    <MAILSCANNER at JISCM