Negative SA value and scoring

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Mon Jan 6 19:25:19 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 13:51, Julian Field wrote:
> At 18:44 06/01/2003, you wrote:
> >This message received a SpamScore of ss (2), but got no report and did
> >NOT get logged as spam in syslogd.
>
> If the score (2) is less than your "Required SpamAssassin Score" value,
> then this is exactly what you should see. This means that your users can
> filter on SA scores less than your defined threshold, if they want to. If
> you want to always get the spam header, you have to tell it to always
> include it.

We don't include the report unless it hits the threshold (Always Include
SpamAssassin Report = no). So if it doesn't create a report, it
shouldn't score it either, which is exactly how we see it working, with
the exception of instances like this one.

--
Thomas DuVally
Lead Sys. Prog.