Negative SA value and scoring

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 18:51:22 GMT 2003

At 18:44 06/01/2003, you wrote:
>This message received a SpamScore of ss (2), but got no report and did
>NOT get logged as spam in syslogd.

If the score (2) is less than your "Required SpamAssassin Score" value,
then this is exactly what you should see. This means that your users can
filter on SA scores less than your defined threshold, if they want to. If
you want to always get the spam header, you have to tell it to always
include it.

>   I am using 2.41 of SA, which I know
>has and older ruleset, but I think this is regardless of the rules.  MS
>seems to be acting on the results of SA.
>         Looking at the code in Message.pm, the function to handle sascore
>doesn't check the result of SAsaysspam.  It just sees the score and acts
>on it as an integer.  Does that possibly ignore the minus sign?

No.

--
Julian Field