MailScanner causing server to crash

Richard Keech rkeech at KEECH.CX
Sun Jan 5 21:46:08 GMT 2003

Bill,

Run the system in runlevel 3 so you have a text console.
This will better let you see what messages are generated
that might otherwise be lost.

You need to determine if it is experiencing a kernel panic.
So the console messages at the time of the event are vital.

I suspect the only involvement with mailscanner is the load
mailscanner places on the system.

regards

--
G. Richard Keech        Chief Instructor / Senior Consultant
Red Hat Asia-Pacific    rkeech at redhat.com, richard at keech.cx
Melbourne Australia     http://people.redhat.com/rkeech
+61-419-036-463 mobile  +61-3-9370-5611 fax
Legal:  http://apac.redhat.com/disclaimer