spam.whitelist.rules and domain of sender does not exist

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Thu Jan 2 21:01:16 GMT 2003

Domain of sender error message is coming from sendmail and not MailScanner.

Take a look at your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and look for this line:

dnl FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

Remove the leading 'dnl' and rebuild your sendmail.cf and see if that helps.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of lester lasad
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 2:54 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: spam.whitelist.rules and domain of sender does not exist

I am running MailScanner 4.10-1 on RedHat 7.3 and would like to allow email
from a non-existent domain to be delivered.  There are several reports that
are generated in our internal network that are delivered via SMTP ( thru
MailScanner ) and the email is not going thru because the sender does not
exist.

I have tried adding both and the ip address and the sender to the
spam.whitelist.rules file but it continues to deny the emails.  Has anyone
run into this or is there a solution for this problem?  I have stopped and
restarted MailScanner "service MailScanner stop" and "service MailScanner
start" after making the changes.  I have also tried "service MailScanner
restart".  I have added the following line to spam.whitelist.rules

From:   invalidsender at abc.com     yes

From:   10.2.1.1                           yes