ANNOUNCE: Version 3.27 and 4.11 A couple of questions

Joe Quinn joe at QITC.CO.UK
Wed Jan 1 13:27:03 GMT 2003

Hi,

I just upgraded a RaQ4 and have a couple of questions;

I would normally execute the following command to stop MailScanner;

/etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner stop

then check with;

ps -auxw | grep -i mail

just to make sure everything has stopped before restarting with;

/etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner start

However after the upgrade there are a few instances of mailscanner that
won't shut down, should I just kill them?

As I host loads of RaQs for customers, is there a way of determining which
version of MailScanner is running, as sometimes I forget which RaQs have
been updated? Perhaps something like;

/etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner -V

Next question, you say the autoupdate script has been changed, can I delete;

f-prot.autoupdate -> /usr/lib/MailScanner/f-prot-autoupdate

in the cron.daily directory?

Also, when I manually execute;

/etc/cron.daily/f-prot.autoupdate

I would get an out put similar to;

FTP address for retrieving files is ftp://eu-3.updates.f-prot.com/pub/
File SIGN.DEF is already up to date.
File SIGN2.DEF is already up to date.
File MACRO.DEF is already up to date.
Nothing to be done.

so I knew it was working OK but now if I try;

/etc/cron.hourly/check_MailScanner

I don't get any indication of whether it worked or not?

Happy New Year to all

:-)

Joe Quinn, QITC Internet Solutions (joe at qitc.co.uk)
Cisco re-seller, Cobalt Sapphire Partner. www.qitc.net/stocklist
Web Site Hosting, Server Hosting, Co-location.
Tel: (UK) +44 776 737 1234