SpamAssassin 2.50 Problems

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Tue Feb 25 23:44:19 GMT 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Julian Field wrote:

> At 03:57 25/02/2003, you wrote:
> >BTW, I did notice something else.  I've been running SA 2.50 for several
> >days calling it through procmail while the fix was being worked on.  After
> >I patched 2.50 and started using MailScanner to call it I had SpamAssassin
> >running twice on every message...once with MailScanner and then again with
> >procmail.
> >
> >The SpamAssassin scores are different.  Have you any idea why this might
> >be?  With all the messing around I've been doing with SpamAssassin I'm not
> >surprised something is now operating strangely!
>
> What was the difference between the 2 lists of tests that "hit"?
> What version of MS are you running?
> --
> Julian Field

Ok, I've included portions of a header of a message picked at ramdom from
a Redhat list.  Notice that the tests are exactly the same but the scores
are totally different.  How can this be?  BTW, I'm running MS 4.12-2.

<snip...lots of redhat header removed>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:30:00 -0600 (CST)

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer