MailScanner support

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Feb 25 22:43:25 GMT 2003

> At 16:37 25/02/2003, you wrote:
> >Julian,
> >    You might want to consider Faq-o-matic for the FAQ
> software.  Google
> >for this for more info.  It would (hopefully) allow people to add to
> >the FAQ will only minimal moderation from you.
>
> That looks like it might do the trick nicely. I will have a
> play with it.

I've seen this on a few sites and it seems pretty good - but it does need thinking out carefully to make stuff easy to find (I don't recall a search facility, but I might be wrong).  I think its an excellent idea, I imagine there are plenty of people on list (myself included) who don't necessarily have the time/  to do a whole FAQ but would be more than happy to add a few answers in when they have time.
I would also say that a few good mini-HOWTO's would get rid of quite a few newbie questions.  Specifically for installing with scanners other than Sophos. A decent blow by blow account of how to install SpamAssassin for MailScanner would also be good - as SA's site is not very clear on this and there seem to be quite a few posts here from people confused about which bit of SA they need.  I'm happy to contribute to this where I can.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.