Fragmented messages

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 17:44:56 GMT 2003

In more recent versions there is the following configuration option to let
you disable this check:

# Do you want to allow partial messages, which only contain a fraction of
# the attachments, not the whole thing? There is absolutely no way to
# scan these "partial messages" properly for viruses, as MailScanner never
# sees all of the attachment at the same time. Enabling this option can
# allow viruses through. You have been warned.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset so you can, for example, allow
# them in outgoing mail but not in incoming mail.
Allow Partial Messages = no

--
Julian Field