What!

Evert Jan van Ramselaar evertjan at VANRAMSELAAR.NL
Tue Feb 25 16:10:15 GMT 2003

Rose, Bobby wrote:
> But MS doesn't look into compressed files, the virus scanner is supposed
> to do all that.  Maybe the virus scanner timed out trying to uncompress
> it and MS reported it as being corrupt and refused it altogether.

The standard 'tar' command on my Redhat 7.2 box is unable to uncompress
it too:

[root at ram1 h1PFaOs02181]# pwd
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20030225/h1PFaOs02181
[root at ram1 h1PFaOs02181]# tar zxvf queuefiles.tar.gz
gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
tar: Child returned status 1

   Evert Jan van Ramselaar  <evertjan at vanramselaar.nl>
   Van Ramselaar Info Tech  <http://www.vanramselaar.nl>