MailScanner support

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Feb 25 10:36:28 GMT 2003

Hi Julian,

> Thankyou all for such kind comments!

Well you owned it after all, did you not? :-)

> 1. Membership of private, closed, high-priority mailing list

Sounds fine to me.

> 2. Traditional annual support contract

Depends on the contents of the contract.

> 3. Regular installation of new releases and updated
> anti-virus engines

As long as I can download new releases I will install them myself... *g*
I really do not need remote installation support.

> 4. Advice on configuration and
> installation, paid for as needed

Personally I think configuration of MailScanner is pretty easy and self
explanatory. Many questions can be answered in a FAQ.

> 5. Remote testing and
> inspection to ensure your setup looks sane and should work

Not as a usual service. Maybe in special debug cases like the SA 2.50
issue.

> 6. Out of hours support of all the types above (perhaps
> out-of-hours installation of new releases?)

And how would you achieve this? I always was under the impression that
you are a one man development/support/etc. team.... :-)

> 7. Support paid
> for per-incident, possibly paying for a block of time in
> advance. How you use the time is up to you.

Well you would deserve the money since MailScanner is a great product.
In fact I would even be willing to pay for MailScanner itself and not
only for support. But since you ask: per-incident payment would be the
option I like least.

Thanks,
  JP