SpamAssassin 2.50 Problems

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 24 17:34:40 GMT 2003

Okay, I am pretty sure it is fixed. It's a little bug in SpamAssassin where
it doesn't tidy up after itself properly, and leaves a file opened and
locked that it should have closed and unlocked.

Attached is a small SA2.50.patch file. Apply it like this
         tar xzf Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50.tar.gz
         patch -p0 < SA2.50.patch
         cd Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50
         perl Makefile.PL
         make
         make test # This step is optional, but a good idea
         make install

The patch is tiny, it only adds 2 lines (and 1 of those is a comment :-)

I have been working on a RedHat machine that was suffering the problem, and
it works there, and I can see why it worked so hopefully it fixes it for
everyone.

I have already informed the SAtalk list about this fix, hopefully it will
be included in 2.51.